This is a member favorite! Please join us to show off your beloved animal friends while raising funds for the critical APF Protect the Future program! The printed calendar will feature your wonderful pets, porphyria facts, tips, and important dates, among other helpful information in the Porphyria World!
- Entries are FREE, and anyone can enter! You do not need to be a member of the APF – invite your friends to share their pets, too! This is about fun and spreading awareness, so the more, the merrier!
- Send one photo per person of your pet(s) by September 20th to Imani at email@example.com
- Include pet type, pet name, owner name and contact information (email and phone number). You can have an unlimited number of pets in the photo, but no humans, please. Please also include 1 or 2 sentences about your pet—for example, what they love to do, something funny about them or how they help you with your porphyria.
- Photos will be organized into a contest to vote for the photos. The Winner will be on the cover, and the next 12 pets that get the most votes will be featured in a month of the Calendar. In addition, ALL pets will get a special spot in the calendar. Voting will start on October 1st.
- The APF will send a link for each participant to promote voting for their pet(s).
- Each vote will be a $2.00 donation to the APF. 100% of donations will benefit the APF Protect the Future program – a critical program that educates doctors on how to properly diagnose and treat porphyria with the goal of reducing the 15-year average delay to diagnosis and increasing the number of doctors who can diagnose and treat. The more doctors educated, the more doctors will be available to treat you in your area!
- No professional or copyrighted photos
- Any type of pet can be submitted, and any number of animals can be in the photo
- No humans, please
- No professional editing like Photoshop, etc.
- The owner’s name, email and phone number must accompany your submission
- Submissions due September 20th
- Voting begins October 1 through October 21
- Winners revealed on October 23rd
- Calendars will ready for sale and shipping on November 15
Pets are an important part of our lives, especially those of us dealing with the difficulties of Porphyria. This calendar will honor the unconditional love of our pets and how they help us through the “ruff” times while raising porphyria awareness and fundraising to Protect the Future of porphyria patients!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN!!