CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LTD today announced that US insurance companies have agreed to reimburse SCENESSE® (afamelanotide) for patients diagnosed with erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP). Other topics of this press release include US Distribution of Scenesse, US Insurance Coverage of Scenesse and Scenesse Savings Program. Here are a few things that you should know:
The following US centers are trained and accredited, as approved by the US FDA, to prescribe and administer SCENESSE®:
- Henry Ford Hospital - Detroit, Michigan - Division of Dermatology Center - Dr. Henry Lim
- Vitiligo and Pigmentation Institute of Southern California - Los Angeles, California - Dr. Pearl Grimes
- Resnik Skin Institute - Aventura, Florida - Dr. Barry Resnik
Following the phased launch of SCENESSE®, a maximum of 30 Specialty Centers are being trained and accredited by CLINUVEL for the prescription and administration of the drug.
- EPP patients will need to contact their insurance providers to obtain the Medical Policy confirming insurance coverage for the treatment with SCENESSE®;
- The Specialty Center prescribing physician will submit Prior Authorization to the insurer;
- Once the insurer has granted Prior Authorization approval, the patient will be contacted by the prescribing physician for an appointment;
- CLINUVEL will receive an order from the prescribing physician to supply the drug;
- EPP patients will be asked to sign consent forms to capture safety data which will be entered anonymously into the Global EPP Disease Registry database;
- EPP patients will be followed up for eight years; that means that patients will be asked to report to the prescribing physician for eight consecutive years or report by phone so that their well-being can be recorded for FDA analyses.
?Any other questions can be directed to us via email at email@example.com or via phone at 301-347-7166.
Please click on the link below to read the full press release!
Clinuvel Press Release for SCENESSE®