SCENESSE® for Erythropoietic Protoporphyria – Getting Started
In order to start treatment with SCENESSE®, you will need to acquire an individual unique identifier number (ID) and contact an EPP Center in the US. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to SCENESSE® (www.scenesse.com), select EPP Savings Program or Treatment Access webpage.
- Complete the “Check Your Eligibility” questions.
- Await an email from Clinuvel (email@example.com). Clinuvel will email you within 48 hours with a request for documentation to obtain an individual unique identifier number (ID). The requested documentation will include:
- Patient Authorization Form
- Patient Registration Form
- A copy of proof of confirmed EPP diagnosis
- A copy of your Insurer's Medical Benefit guideline or similar, stating SCENESSE® coverage and as a medical necessity.
- Upon receipt of the four requested documents, Clinuvel will:
- Issue you an individual unique identifier number (ID) for login and password within 48 hours. Please save your unique ID in a safe place. This ID will not expire. You will provide the assigned an individual unique identifier number (ID) to the treating Center to order the SCENESSE® medication;
- Provide contact details of EPP Center(s) nearest you.
- Contact your preferred EPP Center and the Center will work with you to submit the Prior Authorization to your insurance on behalf of you.
- If you have a commercial or private health insurance, submit requested documentations to the Savings Program after you have received the treatment.